Sunday, January 6, 2013

Is this a Coincidence?

I noticed that two posts I made have garnered an unusual number of page views. One post had a video in it, and the other post was updated nearly a dozen times in the process of editing it.

If you update your blog, Google counts it as a page view, so subtracting my own views, it appears that updating my own blog multiple times influences page rank.

My tenuous conclusion is that if you want to get more views on your blog, make a short video and update the post several times and see what happens.  If you're a blogger and just don't have time to write a new blog, let me submit that it's better to go over a previously written one and update it with something new rather than putting it off until you can write one from scratch.

Cheers

James Steidl

No comments:

Post a Comment