Tuesday, March 19, 2013

SEO Workflow

After implementing my Facebook campaign, I've turned again to regular SEO.   I've found three things to be helpful.

• Using Wordpress plugins to guide me through the process of on-site SEO
• The plugins I've been impressed with are: Yoast and WP Social Booster
• Using WebCEO.com to bulk submit to search engines

However, DMOZ, Alexa, Bing and Google require manual submissions. Each site requires submitting a sitemap file and placing a string of code in the header of your site to validate that you are the owner of the site.

Interestingly, I was able to rank on the first page of Google in less than one week after submitting cinema4dmodels.com to the engines. (Note how I've cleverly dropped a backlink to my own site)

I submitted cinema4Dlighting.com  weeks ago, and I was wondering why I'm still on page 2 of Google when searching for my own URL. I noticed my site title was not the same as my URL and so I changed that. Here is what my plugin shows now.

The SEO plugin states my keyword is not in my URL. This is only because my URL does not have any spaces between the words; otherwise it is correct. Again, my URL is: Cinema4Dlighting.com

Create proper continuity between your URL, your page Title Display, Meta Description and Focus Keyword.

Cheers

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment