Thursday, February 21, 2013

INSANE FACEBOOK RESULTS!!!

I am a very risk adverse person and really hate spending money unless I absolutely know what the outcome will be.  After a long time of deliberation, I finally hit the "approve" button to launch my first Facebook ad campaign just a few hours ago. I specified the campaign to be a pay-per-click optimized run at approximately 60¢/click with a budget not to exceed $300 for 30 days.

Well, the results are overwhelming. As soon as my ad was approved, just about an hour ago, the page likes have been pouring in. It's 10:45pm Pacific Time (at the time of this post), which means most of my targeted demographic is sleeping. Even still, I'm watching my inbox load up with notifications that my audience (people who like Cinema 4D) are liking my page with about 2% opting in for the free give-away.

If this is the first hour of my ad campaign, I can say emphatically, that this will be the best $300 I've ever spent on self promotion in my life. The page likes should peak at around 470 as my ad budget will have been depleted by then. The next step will be to get more of those likes to convert into a legitimate opt-ins and then a sale. Nevertheless, the task should get easier as my list starts to develop.



Three Days Later...

It's now been a few days since I launched my campaign and my likes are over 300, up from about 70 before I launched the campaign. I received my first invoice from Facebook and it was $30. So, for that $30, we've received about $167 in sales and a boat load of names. Not too shabby really. If the results were scalable, and I had spent $3,000 instead of $30, I would be ahead $6,000 in net profit. This stuff is a little scary though, I'm not sure if my audience is large enough to make that work. We'll see.

One Week Later...

Facebook page likes are up to 448 and I have paid Facebook a total of $60. We have sold about $330 in product which costs nothing to reproduce or ship and our auto-responder now has 120 legitimate opt-ins. We are getting a new product to promote as soon as we can so we can strike while the iron is still hot.


One Month Later...

We have two days left of our FB ad campaign and we're going to end with about 850 total page likes.  The click-through effectiveness of the ad has diminished appreciably over time. See below.






Nevertheless, I'm pleased with the results. Our sales to date have been $788.51 and our opt-in list has grown to approximately 150 members. Not bad for a beginner and $300.  Granted, the products we have promoted are downloadable and only cost $15 and $30 respectively.

My conclusion is that we should launch the same ad overseas in the UK before switching gears to a new product.
Just thought I'd let y'all know.

Cheers

James Steidl

No comments:

Post a Comment