Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Facebook Results are Coming In

Late this morning I wrote the post outlining the steps to implement a Facebook marketing campaign. That was roughly noon after I advertised my fanpage on both Linkedin and Facebook. The Linkedin post directed people to my Facebook fanpage as well because I wanted to keep the social media results together.

At around 8pm, the responses started pouring in. In only a few hours, our page went from zero "likes" to 40 and the following morning the count was up to 70 and still counting with one cash sale. I'm not discouraged about the 2% conversion rate so far, as I'm sure we can entice our visitors with something eventually. As it's been said, "it's all in the list."

I've noticed from my experience and that of others who have deployed Facebook campaigns is that page likes are easier to collect that legitimate opt-ins.  People who download a free product are also inclined to use a junk e-mail account or withhold their real name. The actual ratio of real opt-ins to page likes is probably 1in 5 or less. To overcome this, a single button that uses a person's Facebook login information is preferable to an opt-in form that requires fields to be filled out. I'm currently looking at some of these scripts as an alternative to your typical Aweber opt-in form as word has it they increase your opt-in success rate.

More on this later.

Cheers

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment