Saturday, August 6, 2016

Amazing Traffic Building Discovery

For the first time in years, I decided to search for my brand and products online as if I was someone else.  I can't believe I waited so long to do this, but the results were alarming and illuminating.

First the Good:

The things that showed up highest were posts from my Google + page. If you want to drive traffic to your site and rank high with keywords, I strongly urge you to post your own product videos on your Google+ page and write something about each product using the keywords you want to get listed for. It's important to do this as often as possible.

If you have more than one Google+ page, I would do the same for your other Google identities, but don't copy and paste the same text.  Be sure to change it up.

This is all I'm going to say on this because it's simple and if you're not doing it, you're just hiding from your target audience.

The Bad:

When I typed in "C4Depot reviews", I found a lot of free web domain analyzing pages which had incorrect statistics about my site.  It said I had only one Facebook like and no interactions.  This was clearly false, but was simply because I had never hooked my Facebook page up to my website.

If you use Wordpress, you can use an SEO plugin to create this connection.   I used the Yoast plugin for this.  Since I just created the connection today, I can't talk about results, but it's important to do this to make your page look legit, otherwise your customers will type in your page, i.e., "acmewidget reviews" to see what other people think of your site.  Then these other site evaluation pages will show up and list your page as being risky and unreliable.  So, it's important to get your social media stats connected to your website.

That's all for now, and I hope this helps.

Cheers

James

No comments:

Post a Comment