Thursday, April 4, 2013

George Brown's Predator Software - A Preliminary Review

I just spent $800 for the new Predator software by George Brown, the author of the Google Sniper SEO strategy. For people who are into SEO, George Brown is a credible and well known name in the industry.

The webinar which launched this software pretty much blew my mind. Predator is presented like a digital matchmaker on steroids. It is essentially an e-mail extractor which can also send bulk e-mails. If I could get the software to work as pitched, it would be a digital marketer's dream come true. Such a tool would essentially eliminate the slow process of list building which is currently built upon creating sites and driving traffic through paid advertising, blogging, writing articles and other painful, costly and sometimes risky endeavors.

I was disappointed to quickly learn the webinar was not live as promoted and the release was actually just a rerun of a previously video taped launch back in 2012.  The webinar states that only fifty copies of the software would be sold, but that is clearly not the case, as it had already been released before. This was either a deliberate deception or an oversight. Either way, it caused an unnecessary ding in George Brown's integrity.

So far, with the exception of Craigslist and Yahoo Local, I've been unable to get the software to produce usable results for my keyword searches.  When searching major search engines, the search either never finishes, produces no results, or produces URLs with no e-mails.  This is disappointing considering that most ads in Craigslist request that you not contact the advertiser with solicitations and offers; which is exactly what Predator does.

After submitting a support ticket, I was told the search engines had changed causing the software to not work as it had done previously. Hmmm. So you didn't test the software before launching your webinar?

I saw no way of recouping my $1,200 investment (first and second licenses) any time soon with the software in its current shape, so I followed the refund instructions from my support ticket. Since I did not purchase Predator from Clickbank, I had to go to American Express to get my cash back.  The American Express agent was surprised to inform me there would be no investigation into the claim, suggesting I wasn't the only one who had called them.

My take away from this is to be very careful about what you tell your customers and to guard your online reputation as it is your most valuable asset. Also, be very careful about charging a premium price for your product as this will increase returns and cancelled sales.

I'll still be interested to learn about future improvements to Predator, but even if George Brown spent $100K to build Predator, $800 is a pretty steep price to pay for a utility that really only helps you become a professional spammer.

Cheers

Jamie

6 comments:

  1. I'm watching the live stream now and the first thing I thought was "spam". Thanks for the honest review. I will wait out the storm and see how well it really proves to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff:

    The software isn't spam — it's a tool to help you become a spammer. Unless I missed something, the whole point is to contact people you don't know with an offer. Isn't that spam by definition?

    The software has some useful tools such as bulk e-mail deployment and e-mail extraction, but I thought the cost was pretty steep all things considered, particularly since my version had a lot of broken features. Unless you want to change your career and start following their training videos, it may be difficult to get the software to pay for itself. But that may just be me.

    Cheers

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky. At least you got a copy of the software. I received not even a download or confirmation email. I used PayPal and they are handling it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SON OF A....Thank you James. I was interested in buying right up to when my video crashed at 1 hour and 45 minutes. I loaded the webinar again and guess what??? Instead of loading live....it started over. This caused me to search the product in Google since I already saw his pictures of his CURRENT account was blurred out on the date and the post to the right said 2012. So I came across your site and read the above. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just submitted the following complaint to scambook:
    I was lured to purchase George Brown's Google Sniper product on October 27th, as a way to make money online for a one-time 47 dollar fee without having anything to do with sales or prior technical knowhow. First, the sniper product DOES have to do with sales because you have to promote a product for somebody else -- on websites that you create (buyer must instantly accumulate technical knowhow!); and you pay to maintain (which means that the initial investment of 47 dollars was only the start of the expenses).

    Secondly, the product comes with dated information that cannot be used (Information on how to use Google Keywords -- which has been taken down).

    Thirdly, the transaction receipt shows a monthly recurring payment -- of which I was never notified; and to which I never agreed tacitly or electronically.

    I submitted a support ticket due to the dated information in the course; but did not even notice that I was stealthily signed into a monthly payment without ever having agreed to it.

    Immediately after signing up, I was sent information on a once-in-a-lifetime livestreaming event set to take place only three days after my purchase, on the 30th of October 9pm EST, which made it 2am my time. I secured a spot; and missed a full night of sleep in order to attend. The sales pitch had me believing, that this was brand-new-never-before-seen software that would help me to earn thousands of dollars online. I watched the livestream; and Immediately after this I found online reviews of the new software dating at least to 2012 -- meaning it is NOT a prerelease. Examples of these reviews can be found at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeU0DjH7i7o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8uDD3Ua5vU

    In addition, going back to the livestreaming site produces the message "This Event Has Ended Note: Keep checking your email for news of a replay or another chance to see this incredible event again." -- Meaning, that is was nothing close to a once-in-a-lifetime event.

    On closer inspection, the software itself is a spamming tool that would cause any e-mail address to be blocked within hours of using it with this software -- thus rendering the entire scheme both illegal and unuseable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have purchased google sniper and the video tutorials are really useful. It cost me only $47. There are no recurring costs.

    Using Google Sniper you will definetly not earn $1000 but it surely teach you the concepts of affiliate marketing in turn help you earn in small amounts about $50 to $100 based on the content presented. It also provides tips to improve the site ranking in google although not first.

    Personally Single page sites to earn a huge income is not possible. Trust me.

    Check out my complete start to end review of the product with sample training videos and insight of the members area.

    http://georgebrowngooglesniper.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete