Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Make Your Blog Your Website

I'm in the process of doing the stuff everyone knows they need to do in order to stay relevant in the ever changing world of technology. The first thing is to get the blog going. Obviously, I've just started, so don't pass judgement yet. 

Since search engines have a love-affair with blogs due to the fresh, new content that flows into them, I've made the decision to make  my blog my primary site and use the nav bar to link to the other more static sites I control. More on that later.

Blogging is just one way to monetize your time and market yourself or your product. Everyone talks about things like "social media", "affiliate marketing", "auto-responders", "ad words" and "info marketing", yet how many people know enough about these things to actually make money? Well, I'm a man on a mission and my blog will be my expedition log into my quest to do just that.

I've been successful over the years selling stock photos and in a very short period of time, became one of the top 30 producers of stock photo content in the world. There are problems with this industry, not the least of which is theft, and in a nutshell, it has become less profitable over time. Nevertheless, I have not given up my quest to turn the net into a vending machine as I would much prefer to make something once and sell it a million times than to make something a million times and sell it once each time.

To that end, please joint me as I share my discoveries on my expedition to unlock the secrets of monetizing the web. 

Cheers

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment